Your privacy is critically important to us. At Algorithms and Me, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information on your website is shared publicly (or kept private), indexed by search engines, and permanently deleted.
- We help protect you from overreaching government demands for your personal information.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
What This Policy Covers
- Our websites (www.algorithmsandme.com, www.algorithmsandme.in );
- Other products and services that are available on or through our websites.
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
Types of data collected
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
Algorithms and Me collects following personal data by itself or through third parties
Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, we require individuals who sign up for an account to provide a username and email address–and that’s it. You may provide us with more information–like your name–but we don’t require that information to create your account. Other information collected by Algorithms and Me will be :
- Name and email addresses submitted by user by using a contact form
- Name and email address submitted to sign up for email list
- Information collected when users register on a website.
Public Profile Information: If you have an account with us, we collect the information that you provide for your public profile. For example, if you have an account, your username is part of that public profile, along with any other information you put into your public profile. Your public profile is just that–public–so please keep that in mind when deciding what information you would like to include.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information.
Usage Information: We collect information how you can interact with our website, which pages you visit and how you navigate through website pages using tools like Google analytics / Hot Jar
- Google Analytics tracking
- Facebook page plugin and like button cookies
- Other social media platform widgets that track users like disqus
- EU cookie notice
How We Use Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and as follows:
- To provide our Services like access to content of website, contacts, sharing content etc.
- To further develop our Services–for example by adding new content that we think our users will enjoy.
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To monitor and protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Automattic and others;
- To communicate with you about offers and promotions offered by Algorithms and Me and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on Algorithms and Me and our products; and
- To personalize your experience using our Services, provide content recommendations and serve relevant advertisements.
Information Shared Publicly
Information that you choose to make public is–you guessed it–disclosed publicly. That means, of course, that information like your public profile, posts, other content that you make public on your website, and your “likes” and comments on post of our website are all available to others. Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties. Please keep all of this in mind when deciding what you would like to share with your account. You can chose to be anonymous when posting comments and likes on content.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, profile information.
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: At this time, Algorithms and Me does not respond to “do not track” signals across all of our Services. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using Algorithms and Me websites, with the drawback that certain features of Algorithms and Me websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
Other Things You Should Know
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Our Users’ Websites